Wednesday, April 7, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Here are a few of my favorite things so far about the house...
1. An exterior door in a spare bedroom.  I know for me, there have been times when people have let J and I stay at their house and saved us lots of money or really helped us out in time of need. This was one of our specifications if we were going to build a house.  It doesnt make sense to build a house if we can't share it.  Plus, have you ever been a guest and its that awkward moment of should you go into the kitchen or not get home too late? We wanted to make this house a comfortable place for people to stay...a while if they need to. So we solved that problem with an exterior door to the basement and a little kitchenette down there as well. That was our ultimate vision for this house was how we can share it with others.
2. the deck- I am so excited about this deck! I love sitting out on the deck, grilling out, and having people over. It is such a great view of the woods as well. I can't wait to cook and entertain out there!
3.The shower- this is definitely J's favorite thing. Two shower heads and two body sprays. Hopefully it will make me enjoy showers even more!
4. A built in bookcase and built in file drawers in office- Our "office" has always been in several different locations in previous houses. We have our huge file box out in the garage, we have our bills in an organizer on the counter, we have our books in the guest room on shelves, and we have our computer under the couch- yep. I am so excited about having a place where it will all be together! I think it will make me more productive and organized...may be wishful thinking!
5. The Le Mans- I cant tell you how many times i have caught my hand or finger in those lazy suzan things in the awkward corner cabinets. Praise the Lord for no weird corner cabinet, and for easy pull out trays in the shape of a race track somewhere...i think it is what grabbed J's attention! Lots of storage and way more can fit and be accessed than in the regular ones!
6. All of the siding inside of the house! I love texture in houses and I am so pumped about all the wood on the walls in the home. This will be painted Meditative blue (a steel blue/gray) by Sherwin williams. It is at the entry, stairwells, hearth, and columns in living room. 
7. The colors- I am hoping i am going to love it when its on all the walls instead of just in little squares! It makes me a little nervous and excited though! Online gray for walls, site white for trim/ceilings, meditative blue for wood walls and master, and orange for a front door that will pop and a barn door inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment