Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Glass house


So until I met with the window guy I didn't quite grasp the amount of windows in this house! In our current rental home, I am sitting on the couch (there are some windows behind me) but from where i sit right now I can see NO windows looking into the foyer or kitchen. It is going to be culture shock when we move in. There is pretty much windows on most walls in the home. And I am not just talking windows, I am talking 6 foot windows, 9 foot windows, and 1 foot sliding glass doors. I might have to start calling it the glass house! That is J's dream, I am adjusting to it! Ha. I always tell J that I am not good at looking at 2D plans, I need 3 d pictures, well it appeared so when the window guy was like ok and for these 9 foot windows? I was like wait, 9 feet of windows? WOW! So I learned a few things, 1. I am about to live in a fishbowl 2. we will have great views of the trees. 3. I cannot understand scale in regards to plans. 4. I need to start saving for blinds :)

In other news, the house is totally gone, it is a huge dirt hole that is all leveled out at the bottom. The well is being dug this week and several trees were taken down and it really opens up things a lot (while still keeping a 360degree view of trees.

1 comment:

  1. real glass house:
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS357US357&q=glass%20house%20philip%20johnson&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

    ReplyDelete