Thursday, October 29, 2009

Taking shape


Finally! A footprint of our house is in the ground and starting to take shape. The forms are up and as you can see in the first picture, the concrete is pouring in as we speak! I am so so excited! Even though it looks like a bunker at the moment, it helps me (the non visual one of the two of us) see what it is going to look like a little more than the 2d plans! J and I actually braved the red mud last night and walked all around in it and outside of it! I cannot wait!

On another note, the windows and slider doors are ordered! We went with casements from Integrity by Martin and Sliders by weathershield. We came in about a penny under budget so that is good too! That is my goal in this project. I have watched so many HGTV home reno's where they go 10, 20 50K$ over budget! Are you crazy? Not this project! can't wait to see the framing start!

No comments:

Post a Comment